Summer Showcase, one of our bi-annual performances, gives our students a chance to show off all they have been working on in their classes and have the opportunity to Live on Stage! Please read thoroughly for very important information and reminders about our upcoming show, “Summer Showcase 2023: A Decade on Stage.” Each of our group Dance, Musical Theatre, and Vocal classes participate in our Showcase and are assigned to one of our 3 CASTS (Purple, Blue, Silver). Please click on the spreadsheet below to find your child’s cast(s). The performance date, call times, and show times are cast-specific:
PURPLE CAST – Saturday, June 24th: 11:00am performer call time; 12:30pm show time
BLUE CAST – Saturday, June 24th: 3:30pm performer call time; 5:00pm show time
SILVER CAST – Sunday, June 25th: 2:30pm performer call time; 4:00pm show time
Please note, your child is automatically added to each applicable performance. During the first week of April, you can log on to the Customer Portal to view your child’s performance schedule (showcase enrollments list the CAST in the title). If you choose to opt-out of any routines, you must do so by April 15th. More detailed information about this below.
What You Need to Know!
All rehearsals and prep-time for our Summer Showcase 2023 occur during your child’s normal class time.
Costume Rental Fees
A fee of $25 per class is charged to your account along with tuition on May 1st. If you decide to opt-out of any performances following May 1st, costume fees are not refunded.
All performers are required to wear underdressings beneath their costumes:
- Girls are required to wear skin-tone leotard and skin-tone tights (pink tights only for Ballet routines)
- Boys are required to wear a white T-shirt and black shorts
We have girls’ nude leotards, light suntan tights, and pink tights available for purchase. You can visit us in-studio or head to our Customer Portal to check if we have your child’s size in stock. Please note, once the package for tights and leotards is opened, we cannot exchange sizes or refund your order. If you’re unsure of sizing, please visit us in-studio to try on the leotards or view our tights sizing chart to ensure you purchase the correct size for your child.
If we do not carry your child’s size, you can also purchase them here. Be sure to select a skin-tone color before purchasing.
The best part about performing is doing so for your friends and family. We know you are dying to see your child on stage, so don’t forget to put the on-sale dates in your calendars! If your child is a member of our Triple Threat Program (enrolled in 3+ classes), you have priority access to ticket sales. Tickets are $15 each and non-refundable.
- Families of Triple Threat students are sent a personalized link to purchase tickets on Monday, May 1st.
- If your child is not part of our Triple Threat Program, general tickets go on sale Monday, May 8th. You can purchase all Summer Showcase tickets from our website on that day.
Volunteers for Backstage Supervision and Front-of-House Help
Putting on a show this size requires the help of many volunteers. Please consider helping us by volunteering for the show your child is not in. By helping each other, we can ensure that every parent can watch their own child perform instead of “work” the show. If you prefer to volunteer during your child’s performance, you are welcome to “watch from the wings” backstage. If you would like to volunteer to help during our Summer Showcase, head to our Sign Up Genius.
If You Need to Opt-Out of Any Performances….
We truly hope every single one of our Stagelighters can participate in our Summer Showcase this year, but we understand some plans may already be in place. During the first week of April, each of your child’s showcase enrollments will be visible in the Customer Portal. You must log on to the Customer Portal and opt-out of each performance your child is not participating in. In order to avoid being charged any performance fees, all showcase enrollments must be dropped by April 15th. Showcase enrollments have the CAST (Purple, Blue, or Silver) listed in the class title.
If your child is unable to participate in our Summer Showcase, we still encourage full participation in class throughout the next few months. We love using our non-performing students as a real-world demonstration of the “swing performer” role and having them step in to spots where other kids are absent. This is great training for the future (and swing spots generally offer more challenge and compensation!).
If you would like to opt out of one or more of our Summer Showcase performances, here are the steps to do so:
- Navigate to your child’s account here
- Click on their ‘Enrollments’ tab
- Locate the performance that they will be opting out of (be sure the enrollment says the CAST before the class title. Otherwise, you might be requesting to drop their class entirely)
- Select ‘Drop Enrollment’
- Select today’s date as your drop date
- Optional: add notes regarding your reasoning for opting out
This drop request will be processed and will ultimately let our teachers know who is not participating in our Holiday Showcase. If your child plans on opting out of more than one performance, be sure to submit drop requests for each of the performance enrollments.
There is lots to do before we can celebrate our Stagelighters’ moment to Live on Stage! Here is an outline of important dates to note:
- June 12th-16th: Costume Distribution Week – all participating performers will receive their costumes for the Summer Showcase during their normally scheduled class time.
- June 19th-23rd: In-studio Dress Rehearsals – all classes participating in Summer Showcase will rehearse their routines during class. Performers must arrive to class in full costume and makeup.
- June 24th-25th: Summer Showcase performances at Valencia High School.
We’ve curated a list of frequently asked questions for showcase with answers. Click here to see if your question already has an answer to it!