Hello Stagelight Families,
What a wild time we’re all living right now. Please read on to see what Stagelight Performing Arts is doing in light of the Corona Virus scare:
Normal Class Schedule
We are aware that the local school districts and districts around the state are closing. However, each day at the studio, we are well under the 250 person capacity Govenor Newsom mandated yesterday. Our class schedule will run as normal unless we hear a different mandate from the state, county, or health organizations we are looking toward for guidance on this sensitive matter.
Missing Classes and Dropping Classes
We realize that each and every one of our families is making decisions and shifting priorities around at this time. As a small business, we are trying to balance the needs of our employees and the safety of our students and families, all while trying to remain calm and diligent in light of this unprecedented territory.
Many of you have inquired about missing classes, dropping classes, and tuition for April. Here is what we’re doing at Stagelight to help make some of these decisions easier for you to make:
- Reminder, we anticipate running all classes as normal during the foreseeable future.
- If you choose not to attend classes during the remainder of March, all missed classes will automatically become available as makeup classes.
- Instead of holding you to our normal makeup policy of 30 days, makeups will be available through June— up until our Summer Showcase.
- We certainly hope that you do not choose to drop your classes at Stagelight, but if you do decide to drop, you must complete our Drop Form (also available on our website under Programs). This is the only way we can keep record of dropped students before our system runs tuition again.
- Instead of holding our families to our normal Drop Class policy of having to drop by the 15th of the month, we will extend the Drop Class option all the way until March 30th at 5:00 pm. This allows us time to watch the course of the Corona Virus unfold and yet will give us time that last night of the month to work with our merchant processing company to input drop requests.
- Tuition for April will run on April 1st as usual.
- Our enrollment will close on April 18th as originally scheduled, in order to help us prepare for Summer Showcase.
Steps we’re taking and asking you to take to keep everyone safe
The safety and well being of our students, families, and staff is absolutely a priority. Here is what we’re doing:
- All common areas are professionally cleaned and touch-up cleaned by our staff regularly
- Door handles, toilets, light switches, sign in iPads, and shared surfaces are disinfected often.
- “Hugs and high fives” are being swapped out with thumbs up, air high 5s, and hang loose signs… plus the occasional air guitar battle… as students leave our classes.
Here is what you can do to help us:
- Do not come to class if you are not 100% healthy.
- Please have your Stagelight wash his or her hands before and after class.
- Talk to your children about the importance of keeping their hands to themselves in class and out of their own faces.
- Please help us keep lobby traffic to a minimum. If you are comfortable staying in your car after dropping off your Stagelighter, please do so.
If things change?
If things change, we will communicate with you immediately. We are following the directives of the state, county, and health agencies carefully, while also making sure we’re not making rash decisions that could unwittingly cause long-term damage to our business.
And in the words of High School Musical, “We’re all in this together!” We understand that this is a crazy time. Please let us know if there are other areas of concern that we can address.
A sincere thank you to all our of families; we appreciate you!