Hello Stagelight Families,
As you know, the COVID-19 situation is swiftly changing on a day-to-day basis. Lindsey and I have made the uncomfortable (and for many of you, heart-breaking) decision to close the studio for three weeks. These three weeks cover the last two weeks of March, and our normally scheduled Spring Break will move up a week to fulfill the third week of closure.
Here is what you need to know:
- This decision was not an easy one to make, but we will do the very best we can to make this unprecedented circumstance as efficient and as fair as possible for our students, families, and employees.
- The studio will be closed from Monday, March 16 until Sunday, April 5 (Spring Break will be “moved up” and is now a part of that closure).
- We plan to reopen the studio on Monday, April 6.
- We are extending the current season for two weeks into July after Summer Showcase to makeup for the two weeks in March you have already paid for. The two weeks of classes in July will be at no charge to you; just view them as makeups for the next two weeks of missed classes (this includes already-scheduled private lessons; if you have private lessons already scheduled over the next two weeks, you’ll see those credits on your account for July).
- April tuition will run as normal on April 1.
- We certainly hope that you do not choose to drop your classes at Stagelight during this confusing time, but if you do decide to drop, you must complete our Drop Form by March 30th at 5:00pm (also available on our website under Programs). This allows all of us time to watch the course of the coronavirus unfold and yet gives us time that last night of the month to work with our merchant processing company to input drop requests.
- Enrollment will still close on April 18 as originally scheduled, in order to help us prepare for Summer Showcase.
- Stagelight Scenes is postponed. We will get that new date to our Actors as soon as we can get the logistics ironed out.
What we’re doing in the meantime:
- We are working tirelessly to put together some great online content for you. Think activities, projects, online tutorials, choreography videos, and more.
- Make sure you have our email address added to your contacts so we don’t accidentally slip into your junk folder.
- We will continue to be in communication with you often. After all, the show must go on after all this!
- Follow all our channels so you don’t miss a beat (get it??): Facebook and our Instagram accounts: @stagelightarts, @studiobfilm, @stagelightactors, @stagelightfilmteam, @ministagelighters
We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding, and we know all of what we’re living through feels unbelievable–almost like a movie. We look forward to seeing you all again very soon and thank you for your loyalty during this trying time.
Looking forward to living on stage with you again soon,