October 15th: Last day to opt-out of Holiday Showcase
- If your child is not planning to participate in one or more of their showcase performances, you must log on to the Customer Portal and opt-out of each performance your child is not participating in to avoid being charged any performance fees. Showcase enrollments have the CAST (Green, Red, or Silver) listed in the class title.
October 24th-30th: Halloween Costume Dress-Up Week
- One of our favorite times of year is on the horizon! During the week of October 24-30, your child is welcomed and encouraged to wear their Halloween costume to their class(es). We can’t wait to see the creativity of their costumes and to sing, act, and dance with them in style!
October 31st: The studio is closed for all afternoon classes on Halloween, Tuesday, October 31st. Morning classes are still being held.
November 20th-25th: The studio is closed for Thanksgiving Break. All classes resume Monday, November 27th.
Check out our Google Calendar to stay up-to-date on all studio closures and events.
We Need Volunteers for Holiday Showcase!
Putting on a show this size requires the help of many volunteers. Please consider helping us by volunteering for the show your child is not in. If you would like to volunteer to help during our Holiday Showcase, head to our Sign Up Genius.
Underdressings Required for ALL performers
All performers are required to wear underdressings beneath their costumes:
- Girls are required to wear skin-tone leotard and skin-tone tights (pink tights for Ballet routines)
- Boys are required to wear a white T-shirt and black shorts
We have girls’ leotards and tights available for purchase in-studio and through the Customer Portal. Once you purchase from the Portal, we have them ready for pick-up in studio by the following week. If we do not carry your child’s size, you can also purchase them here. Be sure to select a skin-tone color before purchasing.
Returning by popular demand! We are hosting our second annual Daddy/Daughter Dance on stage during our Holiday Showcase! This dance is open to actively-enrolled Stagelight girls and their parent. It costs $30 per person, which includes the cost of rehearsals, T-shirts to be worn during the performance, and the performance itself.
Rehearsals for both Dads and Daughters are Wednesdays from 6:30-7:15pm on the following dates:
- November 8th
- November 15th
- November 29th
- December 6th
Complete this Enrollment Form by October 15th so we can make plans for this awesome opportunity! The cost of this performance runs with tuition on November 1st. Please only submit one form per family!
Assigned Casts for Holiday Showcase 2023: “A Holiday Show-Ho-Ho-Case”
As a reminder, here are the assigned casts for our Holiday Showcase. Your child is automatically added to each applicable performance. You can log on to the Customer Portal to view your child’s performance schedule (showcase enrollments list the CAST in the title). If you choose to opt-out of any routines, you must do so by October 15th. More detailed information about this below.
- GREEN CAST – Saturday, December 9th; 11:00am performer call time; 12:30pm show time
- RED CAST – Saturday, December 9th; 3:30pm performer call time; 5:00pm show time
- SILVER CAST – Sunday, December 10th; 2:30pm performer call time; 4:00pm show time
Please explain to your performer that participating in our Holiday Showcase is a commitment. Deciding to opt-out of the show after the drop deadline, once their choreography and formations are set, is unfair to the instructor, as well as their classmates. Please stress the importance of adhering to this commitment through the show in December.
If You Need to Opt-Out of Any Performances…
If you would like to opt out of one or more of our Holiday Showcase performances, here are the steps to do so:
- Navigate to your child’s account here
- Click on their ‘Enrollments’ tab
- Locate the performance that they will be opting out of (be sure the enrollment says the CAST before the class title. Otherwise, you might be requesting to drop their class entirely)
- Select ‘Drop Enrollment’
- Select today’s date as your drop date
- Optional: add notes regarding your reasoning for opting out
This drop request will be processed and will ultimately let our teachers know who is not participating in our Holiday Showcase. If your child plans on opting out of more than one performance, be sure to submit drop requests for each of the performance enrollments.
Ticket Sales for Holiday Showcase
The best part about performing is doing so for your friends and family. We know you are dying to see your child on stage, so don’t forget to put the on-sale dates in your calendars! If your child is a member of our Triple Threat Program (enrolled in 3+ classes), you have priority access to ticket sales. All tickets are $15 each and non-refundable.
To help ensure each Stagelight family has a chance to see their performer onstage, we are limiting purchases to 6 tickets per performer, per show. Tickets are not guaranteed and will sell out, so be sure to purchase them early.
- Families of Triple Threat students are sent a personalized link to purchase tickets on Wednesday, November 1st.
- If your child is not part of our Triple Threat Program, general tickets go on sale Wednesday, November 8th. You can purchase all Holiday Showcase tickets from our website on that day.