ACTING I (7-9 & 10-12) CLASS
HAIR & MAKEUP:
- Actors’ hair should be pinned back nicely out of the face.
- Girls: wear a little bit of blush and lip gloss or chapstick. Boys: wear chapstick.
- “Puppets” in the 7-9 Acting I class: wear all black with a sock on puppet hand.
- “People” in the 7-9 Acting I class: wear a blue shirt, as plain as possible.
- 10-12 Class: Wear an outfit that reflects the character (or yourself) for your monologue.
ACCESSORIES AND/OR PROPS:
- Based on your scene and script, make sure you have all required props.
- “Puppets” need a plain sock.
UPLOAD VIDEOS HERE
Two videos are due June 12.
- Send a video of your performance.
- Send a separate video of yourself “close up” to the camera, smiling, waving, bowing, blowing kisses, etc. for 10 seconds so we can include you in the “finale.”
When preparing to film your child’s part for our Showcase, please take care to do the following so that we can have consistency in the clips (any not conforming will be returned and asked to be reshot):
- Performer should be in full costume and makeup as noted in Performer Details.
- Plan to film during the daytime in a room that provides good natural light.
- Check that everything in the frame is a part of your scene. Clean out anything that shouldn’t belong.
- Set your phone to the highest camera setting possible for maximum quality.
- Make sure the volume is all the way up on your phone before you start filming.
- The phone must remain still while filming. Place the phone still on a table or your lap, etc. so it doesn’t move or shake while filming the routine.
DIRECTION OF CAMERA/PHONE:
- Film in Landscape Orientation (Horizontally) on the phone, with the camera lens on top.